Preparing for Your Visit
Thank you for considering Urban Family Practice for your care. Our team of doctors, specialists and staff work closely to ensure you receive compassionate, coordinated care during your appointment and beyond.
Please review the following information, designed to assist you before your visit.
Before Your Appointment
Use this checklist to prepare for your visit:
- Gather any necessary documents, and medical records, prior to your appointment:
– Copies of any tests, X-rays or medical histories related to the reason for your visit
– A list of all current medications with doses, including over-the-counter and herbal medication
- Review any special directions from your doctor about diet or medication restrictions prior to your appointment if you are having bloodwork or any other tests done that require them
- Arrange for transportation to take you home after your visit if it is required based on the type of appointment
- Arrive to your first appointment 15 minutes early, to give you time to fill out any necessary forms on the Self Check-In Kiosk.
We see all patients on an appointment basis & ask that you call in advance so that we may reserve time for you. We try to see all patients on time, and request that you extend the same courtesy to us. If you can not keep an appointment, notify us immediately. Please try to give us 24 hours notice so that this time may be given to another patient.
You will be required to re-schedule your appointment if you are more than 20 minutes late. (There will be a $10.00 fee for any missed appointments.)
Available Evenings & Weekends
Our regular office hours are Monday thru Friday, 8am – 5pm. Routine calls and questions regarding appointments, billing, referrals, labs, and X-rays will also be taken during these hours.
NEW After Hours on Niagara Street: 5:00pm-9:00pm
However, there is always a provider on call to help you 24 hours per day. Just call our office at (716) 882-0366.
Please Note: For Life Threatening Emergencies, contact 911 immediately.
Depending on your individual Medical Insurance, you may be required to contact our office prior to any Non-Life Threatening Emergency Room visit.